- Next-generation Kindle Paperwhite comes with a larger 6.8-inch, glare-free display; up to 10-week battery life, 8 GB of storage, and premium features including adjustable warm light and USB-C charging—for only Rs. 13,999
- First-ever Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition also adds an auto-adjusting light sensor, 32 GB of storage, and, for the first time, wireless charging—all for just Rs. 17,999
- 20 percent faster page turns and an even smoother experience enabled by all-new hardware and redesigned interface
- Kindle credits worth Rs. 500/- for pre-order customers that can be redeemed to purchase eBooks on the Kindle store offering access to millions of eBooks, a selection of magazines, and more.
Bangalore—September 21, 2021— Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today announced the next generation of Kindle Paperwhite with two new models: the all-new Kindle Paperwhite and the first-ever Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition. For years, Kindle Paperwhite has been the most popular Kindle, and the new generation combines premium hardware, faster performance, and a redesigned user interface for a more enjoyable reading experience. Starting at just Rs. 13,999, Kindle Paperwhite comes with a larger display, a new adjustable warm light, and increased battery life, while the new Signature Edition adds an auto-adjusting light sensor and is the first-ever Kindle to offer wireless charging. Pre-orders start today, with Kindle Paperwhite shipping from October 27 and Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition shipping from November 4. Customers can learn more at http://www.amazon.in/kindlepaperwhite and http://www.amazon.in/kindlepaperwhitesignature.
“Customer feedback is important to us and we always push the limits of technology to offer the best reading experience on Kindle. We have a brighter display, enhanced battery performance, and a compact waterproof design in Kindle Paperwhite Next Generation launched today. Customers can instantly access millions of eBooks on the Kindle Store, and immerse themselves in the delightful reading experience.” says Parag Gupta, Head of Amazon Devices India.
Larger, Warmer Display
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite combines a larger 6.8-inch display, the largest ever on a Kindle Paperwhite, with smaller 10mm bezels on a sleek, flush-front design. Plus, the 300 PPI display is glare-free, delivers laser-quality text, and resembles real paper for easy reading in all conditions, even direct sunlight. The display offers an additional 10 percent brightness at the maximum setting to ensure reading is more comfortable on the eyes, and the adjustable warm light and a white-on-black dark mode offer flexibility for reading any time, day or night. Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition also comes with an auto-adjusting front light that automatically adjusts the brightness of the display based on the lighting around you so you can comfortably read in all conditions.
Read Anywhere, For Longer
Unlike phones and tablets, Kindle devices last weeks on a single charge, so you can enjoy your book without the worry of finding a power outlet. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition offer the longest battery life ever on Kindle, with up to 10 weeks of battery life. Fast USB-C charging takes only 2.5 hours to reach a full charge to maximize reading time when using a 10W adapter or larger. Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition is the first Kindle to offer wireless charging and can be used with any compatible Qi wireless charger (sold separately). With an IPx8 rating, the all-new Kindle Paperwhite is designed to withstand accidental drops in the bathtub, hot tub, pool, and ocean—meaning you can take it almost anywhere you want to read. Plus, the 8 GB standard storage on Kindle Paperwhite and 32 GB of storage on the Signature Edition means there’s room for thousands of titles, comics, and magazines.
All-new Kindle Experience
Kindle Paperwhite comes with a completely redesigned Kindle interface, adding several new features for an easier and more intuitive experience from the moment you pick up your device to start reading. The updated experience provides an easy way to switch between the home screen, your library, or your current book, while a new library experience includes new filters and sort menus, a new collections view, and an interactive scroll bar.
A simplified setup on the Kindle app for iOS and Android is a new option to get started, pairing your device to your phone—so you can set it up in fewer steps. Settings are accessible in one swipe from wherever you are in your device, making it quick and easy to adjust features such as screen brightness or turn on airplane or dark mode, without losing your place. These new software features will roll out through the end of the year.
Designed with sustainability in mind
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition were designed with sustainability in mind. Both are built with 60 percent post-consumer recycled plastics and 70 percent recycled die-cast magnesium. Plus, 96 percent of this device’s packaging is made of wood fiber-based materials from responsibly managed forests or recycled sources.
Features that Enrich Your Reading Experience
By design, the all-new Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition have been purpose-built to help you get lost in your favorite book. Unlike most tablets and phones, a Kindle has no glare and won’t distract you with social media, emails, text messages, or notifications. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite includes features that have long made the Kindle family the best device for reading, enhancing the experience beyond a print book, including:
- Whispersync and Whispersync for Voice—Saves and synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks, and annotations from your Kindle eBooks across all of your Kindle devices and apps, so you can pick up where you left off on any device.
- Book Covers—Let’s you see the cover of the book you are currently reading on the lock screen of select Kindle devices.
- Word Wise—Provides short, simple definitions that automatically appear above difficult words so children or those learning a new language can keep reading with fewer interruptions.
- Accessibility—Allows customers to access devices and reading applications that work with assistive technology, features that support a variety of reading needs, tools that enable anyone to become a Kindle author, and more than 12 million screen reader supported books.
The World’s Best eBook Store
As with all Kindle e-readers, the new Kindle Paperwhite models come with instant access to the Kindle Store, which includes:
- Massive selection—Millions of books, comics, and magazines, including the latest best sellers.
- Kindle Unlimited—Get unlimited access to an ever-growing selection of over two million eBooks.
Additionally, Prime members can read from a rotating selection of thousands of books, magazines, and more—at no additional cost to your Prime membership.
Pricing and Availability
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite is Rs. 13,999 and is available in 8 GB in Black. The new Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition is Rs. 17,999, available in 32 GB, also in Black. Both devices are available today for pre-order and come with the offer to redeem Kindle credits worth Rs. 500 which can be used towards eBook purchases, at up to 80% of the book price.